How do I stop 1password 7 for macOS from swallowing keyboard chords in other applications?

Options
stracituce
stracituce
Community Member

⌘-\ is, I believe by default, the keyboard chord for invoking 1Password mini when a browser is the active application.

⌘-\ is also, and again by default if memory serves, the keyboard chord for invoking BBEdit’s Text > Hard Wrap… dialogue box. (And, even if it’s not the default chord, I’ve been using it to invoke this dialogue box for more than a decade.)

I’m aware that I could change one or other of these chords. But muscle memory is strong and I’m completely comfortable with identical keyboard chords invoking different services depending on the application. The context-switching means I don’t ever mix them up or mis-apply a chord memory to the wrong desired outcome.

I wrap and un-wrap text dozens of times a day (and more). And I really don’t want 1Password getting in BBEdit’s way. Moreover, since I run git from the Bash shell and use an external FTP/SFTP/SSH client, I can’t imagine ever needing 1Password’s app integration from within BBEdit.

So, how do I stop 1Password 7 from stealing ⌘-\ (or any keyboard strokes, for that matter) from BBEdit when BBEdit is the active application?

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:stop 1password from swallowing keyboard chords in other applications

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@stracituce: You can change 1Password's fill login keyboard shortcut to something else in 1Password Preferences > General. But this is global for 1Password because it can be used globally to match saved logins to apps, even when it cannot fill, like iTunes. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: BQB-33324-633, apple-1411

This discussion has been closed.