13 inc Macbook - new left bar with categories uses too much space from top to down

Options
telephoneman
telephoneman
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

the new shiny sidebar doesn't fit on a 13inch macbook. The fontsize and distance between the rows should be a bit adjusted

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @telephoneman.

Ben

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    Options

I have a about 15 categories (inkl. Trash) - I think this should fit on 13Inch screen

• Jacob
    Options

Good to know. I personally have a 15-inch MacBook, but I know how those 13-inch ones can be with some apps. We'll keep that in mind!

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member
    Options

Just installed this Beta and, apart from the known resizing problem when restarting, I'm loving it. Just one personal request regarding the source list. If the line spacing could be reduced a bit as per version 6 then all my articles including tabs would need a lot less scrolling to find the required article. Otherwise nothing else to say in the first couple of hours of usage. It just gets better and better this program. Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-4 (70000004) AgileBit
    Extension Version: 7.0.beta-4
    OS Version: 10.13.4
    Sync Type: Families

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @rwakeford :)

Ben

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    Options

hello @Ben that layout is still not good. with new watchtower it got worse. I think there is too much space wasted. The categories still don't fit in one screen.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @telephoneman

We do appreciate the feedback, but that is how we’ve intended the new design to look. That isn’t to say that we won’t consider improvement or that there isn’t room to iterate on what has been built. We certainly may do that. But what you see there is how we intended for 1Password 7 to appear.

Ben

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben I understand. the look is good - but on small screens its lot of scrolling now. Maybe you can think of just reduce the size of the gaps a bit maybe in one of the upcoming releases ;) But I am OK if you dont - thats just bit disturbing...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're definitely looking into ways to refine the design. Thanks for your input on this. :)

This discussion has been closed.