1Password Mini Sort Order Doesn't Work How I'd Expect

Options
soob
soob
Community Member

Hello,

I've had this problem for some time now (spans 1Password major versions). I often have more than one login for a site (one for me, one for my wife, etc.) but I keep hers in a Family vault. When presented with a list of logins to choose from, 1Password shows my wife's login first rather than the login from my primary vault. This seems broken to me.

Sure, I could favorite them but I don't want to go through and tag a bunch of favorites.

When displaying possible logins, I'd expect to be presented with a sorted list (favorites, alpha, site, whatever) from my primary vault followed by the sorted logins from my other vaults.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6/7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @soob,

I don't want to give you any false hope, my gut feeling is this probably won't happen. As it stands the sorting seems to cause confusion for some and adding an additional sort order on top would likely only increase this.

Wouldn't a cleaner approach be either to remove the Family vault from your All Vaults view or if it contains a number of items you do want always accessible from All Vaults, to separate your wife's personal items into their own vault that could be excluded. The vault would still be accessible but it wouldn't interfere with your normal usage when using All Vaults.

• soob
    soob
    Community Member
    Options

Alright, I'll modify my workflow, figure out something different that works for me.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In general, people don't want to worry about which vault a login is in; they just want to have it at their fingertips when they need it.

In case it helps though, if you have more than one login which matches the current URL, 1Password presents a list of all of those, in the following order (all alphabetical within each subset):

1. Exact matches for subdomain.domain.tld which are marked as Favorites
    2. Exact matches for subdomain.domain.tld which are not marked as Favorites
    3. Inexact matches (different subdomain) which are marked as Favorites
    4. Inexact matches (different subdomain) which are not marked as Favorites

When everything is working correctly, if you often find that the login you want is further down the list, consider changing the URL to the place where you use it, marking it as a Favorite, and/or changing the name. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.