1P7 - need 3 clicks to change vaults (used to only need 2)

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

Hi,

This is not critical, but I appreciated the previous method of changing vaults (jn the main app):
1] Click on the current vault (a list pops up of all the vaults)
2] Select the new vault (the pop-up disappears)

Now, in the v7 app, a 3rd tip is necessary to manually collapse the vault list. Note the mini menu bar app is still 2 steps.

Is this an oversight or is there some use case I am not missing that requires the extra 3rd step?

thanks,
James.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: personal subscription

Comments

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

...been reading up a little. Is it to enable the drag 'n' drop functionality?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hi @JamesHenderson,

I believe that and the other functions, such as the ability to create a new vault. Now it's still three clicks but if you double click a vault in the vault list (or whatever the correct term is) that can replace selecting the vault and then clicking on the vault selector at the top. Still three clicks but it eliminates the cursor travel that makes it feel longer. Does it make it feel a little less cumbersome or do you still notice that extra click?

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables @JamesHenderson Cmd 1, 2, 3 etc works just fine. That's two clicks.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables ooh, the double-click works well, thanks for that tip!

@iamecho - also good to know - I have quite a few vaults and probably won't remember the order for a while though :-)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I didn't initially go with the keyboard shortcuts because due to all the vaults I'm connected to I can't keyboard shortcut to the ones I use the most now. That means I'm using the UI a lot more like you seem to James. If the tip helped I'm glad. If you have any other queries about 1Password 7 please do ask :smile:

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

:chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.