To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Questions about migrating from standalone license to a membership

Options
duelist77
duelist77
Community Member

Hi, I have a few questions about the migration process when going from a standalone license/vault to an individual or family membership:

1. when the data from the standalone vault is migrated over to the membership, is it re-encrypted with a new key?

2. can I change the master password to something different from the standalone vault's master password during the migration, or do I have to use the same master password as that of the standalone vault at least until after the migration is complete?

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @duelist77

I’d be happy to help with those questions.

1. Yes.
    2. You can use a different Master Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

As Ben says, you can use a different Master Password. But I have seen a lot of people come to the forum because they have got confused with two different Master Passwords. Perhaps @Ben can comment on whether having two passwords is at all advisable.

• Ben
    Options

If you can remember both of them, and remember what they’re for, then I don’t see any problem with it. In this specific case it sounds like the OP will be decommissioning their standalone vaults in favor of membership vaults, and through the process end up with a different Master Password. That’ll work.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.