Difficulty with saving, filling, and keyboard shortcuts

This discussion was created from comments split from: License for Windows.

Comments

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

No I do not, I believe, have a 1Password.com account. I have only ever had the stand alone version and am not, at this stage anyway, interested either in a monthly subscription, (which I consider a real bore), or a cloud version.

• @Andrew42

How are you currently syncing your data, if you are?

Ben

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

I sync via Dropbox.

I have a number of problems with 1P7, about all of which I have informed Agilebits:

1. The process does not complete. It either stops before filling in username and password or it stops before submitting user name and password. To complete the process I either have to click on the item in 1P mini again or click on the submit button on the web site itself
    2. Shortcuts do not work at all. I cannot invoke 1P7 mini with a shortcut: nothing happens at all.

3. I have just created an brand new item for a website I have never previously used and I cannot get it to save correctly in 1P

4. I have just wiped it out and am going to try and create it in a separate test vault that I have created to try and understand what is/is not happening.

I have paid for a current license and am able to use the programme but it is not working at all as it should.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42: I'm sorry to hear that you have so many issues. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance,

1. The process does not complete. It either stops before filling in username and password or it stops before submitting user name and password. To complete the process I either have to click on the item in 1P mini again or click on the submit button on the web site itself

What is the URL for the website where you're having trouble?

1. Shortcuts do not work at all. I cannot invoke 1P7 mini with a shortcut: nothing happens at all.

What do you have the shortcut set to? Have you tried setting it to something else?

1. I have just created an brand new item for a website I have never previously used and I cannot get it to save correctly in 1P

What do you mean? Please be specific.

1. I have just wiped it out and am going to try and create it in a separate test vault that I have created to try and understand what is/is not happening.

Please don't. We can help you get things sorted out. We just need some more information. Thanks in advance! :)

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Brenty, Thanks for getting back to me.

I run Windows 10 (April update), I have the latest version of 1P7 Beta 7.0.555. I'm not sure how to tell you which extension version I am running. I use both Edge and Firefox and have the same problem with both. I started using Firefox at Agilebits' suggestion when you didn't have an Edge extension.

As for URLs: I have the problem with most but let's start with the Forum URL where it fills in user name and password but then I have to click "submit".

Shortcuts: Given my keyboard, (Swiss French), I cannot use Alt plus Ctrl Plus \ because \ that requires me to hit alt Gr to invoke \ so its too many keys, (4), at one time. I have therefore changed it to Ctrl+Alt+1. When I try it absolutely nothing happens. If I right click 1P7 in the system tray it shows "Open I password Mini" Ctr+Alt+1.

New Login: I created a new login for Allpark.ch. I entered my user name plus password. 1P7 asked if I wanted to save the log in. I clicked "Yes" but when I went to try and use it did not fill in the user name, just the password. I tried several times with the same result. I have not yet tried recreating it in my brand new "Test" vault.

Regarding all this, at Agilebits request, I sent a diagnostic report on May 8 and a systems report on May 17.

I would love to get this sorted. I had no problems with 1P4 for a long time, then these issues started to occur and have continued with 1P7. In case I had some corruption, I recently did a complete, clean reinstall of my computer solely in an attempt to get rid of this issue: no change. I have suggested that maybe my main vault is corrupted but no one has responded to that. This is why I have created a new "Test" vault but it would appear the problem is not associated with my main vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42: Yeah, I think we're getting our wires crossed here because you've apparently got multiple conversations going with us. I've located your most recent email, and will close this discussion and reference it there so we can continue this in a single place so we're all on the same page. I'll get back to you in a bit.

ref: KZH-26175-789

This discussion has been closed.