Unlocking from Safari shows me 3 windows!

Options
jen729w
jen729w
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I think a picture will paint the metaphorical thousand words here.

Why do three - THREE! - windows now appear when I attempt to fill a website using the extension? Is that normal?

1Password Version: 7.0 (70000019)
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Because you need to unlock 1Password first, and you've chosen to do so using Touch ID. I'm not sure there's any way around that currently.

• jen729w
    jen729w
    Community Member
    Options

Even when 1Password is unlocked, I see two windows. I won't include a screenshot as it now has identifiable data, but the only window I don't see now is the smallest system dialog shown in the centre of my previous screenshot.

• The main 1Password window becomes un-hidden
    • The 1Password mini window is also shown, with the site I want to fill.

I know I'm using the Beta, so if this is a beta issue then no worries at all, but if this is how it's going to be when it goes live it feels really clunky.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jen729w: They're both the same app, so that makes sense. If you "Quit" the main 1Password window though, that shouldn't happen. If you're still using the beta, you should update. The stable release has been available for almost a week, and 7.0.1 was already released as well:

https://1password.com/downloads/

• jen729w
    jen729w
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, the main 1Password app doesn't need to be open! 8-) And there we go, normal service is resumed.

Congrats on the 7.0 launch. It had updated in the background, so quietly I didn't even notice.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jen729w: Ah. Okay, that's my fault. I should have been cleared about that. :(

Indeed, if it helps you or anyone else in the future, that's what Preferences > Browsers > Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running is for: to keep 1Password running in the background so you can still use it in your browsers, even with the main window closed.

Thanks for the kind words. And, again, I'm sorry for any confusion I caused. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.