Import from 1Password7 mac by 1Password on Android4.4.2 device

numagami
numagami
Community Member

I migrate my 1Password6 mac from stand alone license app to new 1password.com.
1Password7 mac is well done migrating on my mac.
But I have an Android4.4.2 device so I need a way to import new password.com data to the device.
How can I do it?

I tried 1pif export, But Android app does not accept the file.

A way like a WLAN sync is best for me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android4.4.2
Sync Type: local

Comments

• Hi @numagami. To use 1Password accounts with the 1Password for Android app, you'll need to be using Android 5.0 or later. By chance are you able to update the firmware on your Android device?

If not, I recommend using your mobile browser to sign into 1Password.com and access your account.

As to using WLAN sync, that is possible. However, please keep in mind that this will not sync with the account, so any changes you make to one vault, you'll need to make to the other. That can get pretty tricky, so I recommend using the web app. If you do decide to create a standalone vault, you can go to 1Password > Preferences > Advanced on Mac, and then check the box for 'Local Vaults'. Then copy the data from your Personal vault into your Primary vault: https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/

Again, keep in mind that the Primary vault is only saved locally, and not linked to your account, so changes you make there won't be reflected in the account and vice versa.

• numagami
    numagami
    Community Member

peri, Thank you very much for reply.

I can copy 1password.com data to 1password app running on Android4.4.2 using local primary vault.
    I have been using vault on Android as a snapshot of vault on mac (syncing manually via WLAN on occasion).
    So It's not so inconvenient copying operation.

In case of need to use renewed or not copied data on Android, I'll use mobile browser as your advice.

• I understand, @numagami. If the workaround works for you, then great! Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.