Browser issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: Browser extensions stopped working.

Comments

• ruinunes
    ruinunes
    Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem on both Chrome and Firefox extensions. I click on it but it doesn't launch the app. It only works the native Mac app.
    I've tried to remove the extensions, restart both browsers and try again to install but the problem stays.
    Since it's on both browsers, it's hardly a extension conflict, right? Since the extensions are very different.

More so, this only happened after I've updated to the new brand 7 version.

• rast3r
    rast3r
    Community Member

I am also seeing this same problem on Firefox 60.0.1 and 1Password Version 7.0.1 (70001002). I've actually uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox to try and fix it, but no solution there. This problem is brand new since my update to the most recent version of 1Password yesterday. I went from the most recent version of 6 to 7.0.1.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ruinunes, @rast3r: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! That discussion was from February, and since that was long before any of the current 1Password, browser, or extension versions even existed, you're definitely not having "the exact same problem" those folks were. Can you please be more specific? Without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong now and how we might right it:

• OS version
    • 1Password version
    • Device type
    • The exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect

Then we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with specific sites? Knowing an example URL would be helpful. Thanks in advance! :)

• ruinunes
    ruinunes
    Community Member

Hi,

I've solved the problem by completely removed the app from my computer which wasn't hard since I've got the cloud 1password account and wouldn't erase the content.

Also removed 1Password extensions on all of the browsers. Restarted everything and installed all again brand new.
    It solved the problem so far.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad installing a fresh copy helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.