Cannot upgrade from 1Password 7.0.Beta.12 to .16 -- what's up?

Options
Lorraine_
Lorraine_
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've been using the beta since Beta-6, and suddenly I can't seem to upgrade from B-12 to -16. I've downloaded it a couple of times, and I keep getting the pop-up to upgrade to 1 PW 7, with no option to continue using the beta - if I close the pop-up, v7 just quits. I also never received an invite to upgrade at the beta price. What's the issue here?

I've been running 1 PW 6.8.9, and still have it installed, although I just had to reinstall it from Time Machine -- did 7.0 remove my 6.8.9?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.Beta-12; 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot upgrade from 1Password 7.0.Beta.12!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lorraine_: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like something is just damaged there, and that will prevent the update from being validated. Please do the following:

1. Quit 1Password completely -- Command Option Control Q
    2. Drag 1Password to the Trash
    3. Restart your Mac
    4. Install a fresh copy of the latest version: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

That should resolve the issue for you. Let me know how it goes! :)

• Lorraine_
    Lorraine_
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty : I finally got around to doing this, and the exact same thing happened. I definitely deleted 1PW 7 completely, including associated files. I didn't delete 1 PW 6.8.9 -- do I have to move it to the trash as well?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lorraine_: Ah, yes, I'm sorry for not being clearer: definitely drag all copies of 1Password to the Trash. You should only ever have one, and in this case, that should be the fresh copy you install at the end. Let me know how it goes. :)

• Lorraine_
    Lorraine_
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty : No change -- I don't seem to be able to open the beta. Please see the screen shot - this is the pop-up I keep getting, and if I close it, 1PW closes.

Also, the link in your previous message doesn't seem to lead me to a Beta version; what's there now is 7.0.1. When I click the box to "show betas", nothing happens.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Lorraine_: 1Password 7.0 is no longer in beta. 7.0.1 has been released to everyone, and there is not a new beta available at this time.

I guess I don't understand what the problem is. Can you clarify what you're trying to do? That's what you should see first when opening the app.

• Lorraine_
    Lorraine_
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty : Ah, that's what I thought. Well, as I mentioned in my first message, I was initially trying to upgrade from .beta-12 to .beta-16, and I ran into this issue. I had never received the invitation to switch to the non-beta version, so I assumed that there were still beta builds running in-between the stable releases, as in 1 PW 6 -- I've been using the betas for several yrs now.

So that's where the confusion lies. Well, am I still eligible for a discounted price? I've never been a fan of the subscription model, so I'm still wavering back and forth about which way to go. In fact, I originally started out using SplashData, then used both for a while, but when SplashData decided to go the subscription route I dropped them, and went with 1 PW only, so I was rather dismayed to see that 1 PW is following suit. I realize I can stick with a license version for now, but I suspect that will change eventually.

Thanks for your help, @brenty -- you guys are great!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lorraine_: Glad to help! Nevertheless, I am sorry for the confusion there. While the discount that we introduced with the 1Password 7 beta back in March ended with the beta, a launch special has been available for licenses. However, you may want to check out a 1Password.com membership. It has a lot of benefits which just aren't possible with the standalone version. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.