7.0.552 Beta to Release Purchase and Weird Issue

macros
macros
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

My copy of 1P 7 just updated to the RC and I saw when I went to use it that it had the banner to upgrade. I clicked on the Buy Now option and nothing happened (in the 1P Mini Helper). But the banner just disappeared and now it doesn't appear anywhere else. I've opened the full app and I'm on 7.0.552...but there's no notice in there either.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to get the beta to release banner to show up again or is there a link I can use outside the app?

Also, just noticed that the sidebar menu on the Helper doesn't seem to respond anymore (tried to get my extension version easily). I click and nothing happens. Search works fine, just none of the other menu items are responsive. Issue happens in both Chrome and Opera (both the same extension IIRC).

Microsoft Edge just is flaky as heck too and refuses to open after update. Clicking on the extension icon does nothing. Disabling and re-enabling also doesn't seem to help. Keyboard shortcut doesn't work either. This has happened a few times in the past and disabling and re-enabling has worked. No dice this time.

Any thoughts on these? Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 7.0.552
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (1803)
Sync Type: OneDrive

Comments

• TJdohertyCvl
    TJdohertyCvl
    Community Member

Me, too. I got the banner, went to buy and it didn't work. And now the banner is gone and I can't seem to get to a place where I can log in and purchase.

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Hi @macros,

Thanks for reporting this.

Also, just noticed that the sidebar menu on the Helper doesn't seem to respond anymore (tried to get my extension version easily). I click and nothing happens

If you exit 1Password and restart, does it appear to work okay? I've seen it happen one time but I can't reproduce it.

ref: OPW-2220

But the banner just disappeared and now it doesn't appear anywhere else. I've opened the full app and I'm on 7.0.552...but there's no notice in there either.

If you press Alt + Tab, do you see this purchase window, which is what supposed to appear when you click on Buy Now.

It sounds like that window is stealing focus from 1Password mini. I can't reproduce it but it may happen on your computer. Try to open the main 1Password window and go to the 1Password menu > Exit. After that, open the main 1Password app, you should see that buy now again, click on it, does it appear to work okay?

You can also go to 1Password Menu > License and in that License window, click on Buy Now.

Microsoft Edge just is flaky as heck too and refuses to open after update.

Can you close Edge completely, check for updates in Microsoft Update as there was an update for 1Password extension last week that addresses this specific issue on Windows 10 April 2018 update. Hopefully, there is an update available and you can install it. After that, open Edge and see if 1Password is more responsive.

• macros
    macros
    Community Member

Tom,

The notice never reappeared, I checked on multiple computers. But I was able to follow your instructions just to go to the License folder and it forwarded me to the Beta deal. So thanks for that! Funny thing is that the read-only stuff would only flash on my screen and never give me an easy to see warning that I was in Read-Only mode.

The Edge issue seemed to be resolved with the update as you suggested. The Chrome/Opera one is a bit more sporadic. Went away, then came back. But I was only in the office a few days this week, so I haven't checked recently.

As always, thanks for your help! Excited to finally update from v.4 as it was getting a bit long in the tooth!

All the best!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for the followup! Glad to hear that Mike was able to help. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing for you, but if you end up having trouble when you're back at the office let us know so we can help. :)

This discussion has been closed.