⌘\ Causing errors in 1P7

lbonillaii
lbonillaii
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

⌘\ causes other application using that shortcut not to work. Specifically the application Sublime Text 3

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @lbonillaii! Do you happen to have a specific custom shortcut set up? Because although I don't personally use Sublime text, a few of my colleagues here do, and in brief testing, that Command + backslash shortcut doesn't seem to be a built-in shortcut in Sublime Text.

Having said that, we have taken a more-aggressive posture with regard to our shortcuts, because what we were finding was that when we loaded/unloaded the keyboard listeners based on the active application, it was creating problems where 1Password wasn’t reacting to the keyboard shortcuts even when a browser was active. That means you may be experiencing issues here as a result of this, which means - at least for now - that you may want to choose a different keyboard shortcut for either Sublime Text or one that won't conflict anywhere for 1Password.

• lbonillaii
    lbonillaii
    Community Member

I did assign the same shortcut in sublime to something. That something was working correctly even with 1Password having the same shortcut. I noticed when I downloaded the beta is when it stop working correctly. That default shortcut for 1Password use to just work when I was in safari or a different browser.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lbonillaii - right. Please see my above reply for a brief explanation of why that's occurring. :)

• lbonillaii
    lbonillaii
    Community Member

Got it, thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• quentez
    quentez
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

VSCode uses the ⌘+\ shortcut to open a new panel.

This wasn't a problem with previous versions of 1Password, but since I installed the beta of v7 I can't use the shortcut in VSCode anymore while 1Password is open.

1Password Version: 7.0-BETA5
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.13.3
    Sync Type: Teams

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

There is a similar thread (although referring to conflict with different software) and a comment form AgileBits about this here. I appreciate that doesn't resolve your issue but I wanted merely to link the two threads.

Stephen

• Merged. Thank you. :)

Ben

• quentez
    quentez
    Community Member

@Stephen_C Thank you for the merge.
    @Lars In the case of VSCode, ⌘+\ is the default shortcut to split the current editor.

• ag_kevin
    edited May 2018

One thing I want to add is that you can always override application keyboard shortcuts using the Keyboard Preferences in System Preferences. So if you wanted to assign something else to VSCode's split editor command, you can.

Regards,
    Kevin

ref: apple-1411

• mschinis
    mschinis
    Community Member

This is a big problem for me also, as 1P7 overrides the default shortcut in Webstorm. 1P6 used to behave correctly. Although I understand why clashing shortcuts can cause this issue, this can surely be controlled on 1P7 mini to let the focused application handle the shortcut first.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No. If we did that, 1Password mini wouldn't be able to match logins to any 3rd party apps. The best thing to do would be to set a different keyboard shortcut for 1Password that you're more comfortable with. I'll also close this discussion since the beta is finished.

This discussion has been closed.