opvault extreme slowdown on Windows 10

Hi, I've been using 1Password with agilekeychain vault without any issues on both Windows and Mac for a few years.
But several days ago I upgraded Mac version to the latest version 7, so I converted the vault format to opvault. Now, opvault slowed down the Windows version to the point it's virtually useless.

I searched for the similar issues on this forum and found many others are suffering from the same issue. Following the advices of agilebits team I turned on the "max performance" mode but it still takes 30~40 seconds to fill in login information after hitting Ctrl + \

My system configuration is as follows:
Windows 10 Home 64bit (always stays up-to-date automatically)
Intel Core i5-7500
RAM 16GB
OS on SSD with plenty of space
Google Chrome 66.0.3359.181 64bit

@support team, please let me know what else I should do to bring back 1Password on Windows usable. Thanks for your help in advance.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Kaatan,

Thanks for reporting this. Unfortunately, 1Password 4 wasn't designed with OPVault in mind and so there is a known performance issue with it. OPVault is much more harder and slower to decrypt in the way 1Password 4 is designed.

The good news is we have 1Password 7 for Windows coming very soon that is definitely very snappy with OPVault but we don't have a timeframe on this. We do have the latest release candidate available if you want to give it a try. We are expecting this build to be the stable release soon.

• kaatan
    kaatan
    Community Member

@MikeT , thank you very much for the swift reply. I've just downloaded and installed the RC version of 1Password 7 for Windows.

Now, I'm more than willing to purchase the license but have one question - I'm going to use 1Password 7 both on Windows and Mac (and I also have a license for iOS) so do I have to purchase two licenses for Windows and Mac separately, or can I get some discounts for purchasing licenses on multi-platform?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kaatan,

The licenses for 1Password 7 for Windows and 1Password for Mac are sold separately and available during our launch special for only $49.99 each.

If you are planning to use 1Password on all of your devices with different platforms, I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password accounts:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

It is a great way to get 1Password for all your devices and spread the update costs out across monthly payments to make sure you stay up to date. Let us know if you have any other questions, we will be happy to help. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.