Offline changes not syncing

I used the document feature to upload a document, which was fine as everything synced perfectly. However, I then added a short note in the 'notes' section and now it refuses to sync. I've closed and restarted 1Password, I've restarted my computer but this hasn't solved the issue. Neither has removing the note, it still refuses to sync. When I add new passwords, or do any other action, everything will still sync - everything except the document with the note.

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 pro, Version 1709, OS Build 16299.402
Sync Type: Default 1Password

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ThxForTheHelp,

Thank you for reporting this! That sounds quite strange.

Are you saying that everything syncs correctly except for this very document? Does the issue remain, if you create a new document item and add a note there? Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• ThxForTheHelp
    ThxForTheHelp
    Community Member

Yes, that's right. Creating a new document and adding a comment doesn't replicate the issue, it syncs while the one with the issue continues not to.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ThxForTheHelp: Thanks for confirming. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#XDS-68211-182]

If you’re reading this and you are not ThxForTheHelp, this Support ID is for ThxForTheHelp only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: XDS-68211-182

• ThxForTheHelp
    ThxForTheHelp
    Community Member

Sorry I've taken so long to reply.

I wasn't sure how to reproduce the issue, I have only just reproduced it by accident. I didn't immediately make a diagnostics report, I did some other stuff on 1password before I thought to do it (I didn't notice it had happened immediately). Should I still send this report in?

Trying to delete the document will move it to the trash, but it will remain there in perpetuity - even if I attempt to empty the recycle bin. This will not affect the offline changes issue, it will still be listed under the offline changes section. I attempted to empty the trash, which didn't delete the document, and then made a diagnostics report. Should I send this one in as well as the other one?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ThxForTheHelp,

Thank you for getting back to us!

Please send your Diagnostics Reports to us, according to Brenty's instructions above. Let us know once you do. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• ThxForTheHelp
    ThxForTheHelp
    Community Member

I have send the diagnostics reports in

I now also have a login with the issue, I created another diagnostics report and attached it to the email as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! :)

• ThxForTheHelp
    ThxForTheHelp
    Community Member

I reset my secret key online in my web browser, and then I went through and de-authorized some computers and stuff I no longer use. I accidentally clicked the force authorize option for the computer I am currently on, and my desktop application asked me to put in my OTP.

Every time I put the code in it was rejected, I tried the same code a few times and when my OTP app refreshed I'd try the new passwords; but they were all rejected as well. While this was happening I could still see my vault in the desktop app (I didn't check if I could interact with it) as the lock animation hadn't triggered. Eventually I closed the 2-Factor window, and that's when my vault locked. When I tried to log in after this my OTP was accepted on the first attempt. I made a diagnostics report, would you like me to send it in?

1Password Version: 7.0.558
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1803, OS build 17134.81
    Sync Type: Whatever is default

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ThxForTheHelp: Just to clarify, were you successful in signing into your account again finally? That can happen with TOTP if your device's date/time/zone is a bit off, as that's a critical component in generating the code. Let me know.

• ThxForTheHelp
    ThxForTheHelp
    Community Member

I was able to get back in after closing the initial OTP window and attempting to sign in again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting me know. I'll follow up with you via email shortly to have you check a few things.

This discussion has been closed.