Can't add new entries with keyboard

Looks like there's a big accessibility issue with 1Password X.

When I log into a site, I can use the down-arrow key to reach the 1Password menu, and select "Save in 1Password" hitting enter.

However, a new dialog pops up, but doesn't have focus. If I hit enter now, I actually submit the login form in the background. Hitting tab doesn't focus it either.

This is really annoying, because it basically means that:
1. I can't even save password if I don't have a mouse nearby.
2. Even if I do, it's a bit PITA to have to actually CLICK on that button before I continue logging in.
3. It's very poor accessibility. Lots of people with difference difficulties can't use pointing devices, so basically can't use 1Password.

1Password Version: n/a
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: Linux 4.16.11-1-ARCH
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hey @WhyNotHugo,

That is annoying! :| 1Password X is supposed to be 100% accessible and keyboard navigable, including in the save dialog.

If the underlying web page keeps its focus, you won't be able to tab into the save dialog, and pressing Enter will submit the form instead of saving. I haven't encountered this bug before but I have ideas of how to prevent it from happening. Are you using 1Password X in Chrome or Firefox?

-Mitch

• WhyNotHugo
    WhyNotHugo
    Community Member

I'm using Password X 1.7.3, on Firefox 60.0.1, on ArchLinux (I don't think the OS should make a difference, but clarifying just in case).

• Thanks @WhyNotHugo. I thought you might have been using Firefox, and I did some digging. Apparently, Firefox just needs a bit of extra encouragement to place focus on the iframe when it loads. I made a small change and now this is what I see:

Title has focus

I know this issue is frustrating for you so I'll do my best to get this fix out in an update within the next few days.

Cheers,
    Mitch

• WhyNotHugo
    WhyNotHugo
    Community Member

Looking forward to it, thanks!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@WhyNotHugo: On behalf of Mitch, you're very welcome. It's a busy week with our release of 1Password 7, but we won't forget about this issue! :smile:

&drew

This discussion has been closed.