1Password 7 Beta 7 for Windows is here!

2»

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Hi @jklosin,

Not sure what that is but thought I'd mention. I don't know if this contributed to my failed attempt to install it or not.

If it is our 1PasswordSetup-7.0.558.exe file, yes, that's the cause. It's a false positive, we've seen it many times in the past.

You have to tell Symantec that it is a false positive and not remove any file. As long as it keeps flagging 1Password like this, you won't be able to install 1Password properly.

Once you set it as a false positive, reboot, disable Symantec just as a temporary measure and install 1Password 7 and it should hopefully work. Re-enable Symantec after that.

• jklosin
    jklosin
    Community Member

Thank you Mike! Unfortunately, Symantec on my work PC does not allow my to create exception for any files (including 1Password Setup) so it looks like I'll have to wait for the full version to be released before using it.

• jklosin
    jklosin
    Community Member

Yesterday I purchased 7 on my iMac and hoped to replicate the experience on my PC. Version 4.6 is workable but is quite behind Mac version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Unfortunately if Symantec (or any antivirus) is incorrectly flagging the installer or the app, you won't be able to use 1Password then until they get that straightened out. I'd encourage you to reach out to them as their customer, and we'll continue to submit our apps to them so they can hopefully rectify this and avoid causing trouble for our mutual customers in the future. :(

This discussion has been closed.