1Password 7 wont launch

Hi Guys,
i updated to the new 1password 7 but every-time i try to launch the app, it does not come up on the screen, but the icon show on the dock. to make it works.. i have to force quit through task manager and relaunch .. anyway for a solution without this process?

Also, will windows 7 version support One-Time Password like on mac?

Do i need to uninstall the version 4?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @shantaram,

Thanks for reporting this.

Do you use multiple monitors? When you say it shows up on the dock, do you mean the taskbar or in the notification tray area on the far right side?

Try to uninstall 1Password 4 and reboot, see if that'll make 1Password 7 work. They will not work together.

Also, will windows 7 version support One-Time Password like on mac?

Yes.

• shantaram
    shantaram
    Community Member

@MikeT
    i use only 1 monitor, my laptop screen. yes, taskbar.
    okay.. will uninstall and reboot and get back to you.
    Thank you

• Hi @shantaram,

You don't connect any external monitors to that laptop, right?

We've seen 1Password not show up on laptop monitor because some users had it on the external monitor one day and then disconnected, turn on the laptop, 1Password doesn't show up because it showed up on the non-existing external monitor.

• shantaram
    shantaram
    Community Member

@MikeT
    The error still occur after uninstall 1password 4. i do not run any external monitors on my laptop.. i have generated the Diagnostics report. where can i send it too?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @shantaram,

Please send your Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• shantaram
    shantaram
    Community Member

support ID is [#UKY-94615-497]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@shantaram: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: UKY-94615-497

This discussion has been closed.