Change picture for the Login Elements/Force-sync the vault via Dropbox/Transform password in login

Options
  1. I want to change the picture that represent a login element, I couldn't do it in the beta 7 for Windows, now that it's not beta anymore can I do it? On my 1P 6 for Mac you just have to click on the arrow in the bottom right corner to drop down the contextual menu for adding pictures with the macOS system method, but on Windows I click it and nothing happen.
  2. I would like also to force sync my vault cause sometimes I add an element on my iPhone and I would like to edit it on my Windows PC, in the macOS version you can force it by entering settings and there is a sync button for it, what about Windows?
  3. Finally can I trasform password only elements in login elements adding a username like I could do on the macOS app?

Thanks a lot.

1Password Version: 7.0.553
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:picture in 1password 7 windows

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @adri2906,

Thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password! :) Please see my answers below.

I want to change the picture that represent a login element, I couldn't do it in the beta 7 for Windows, now that it's not beta anymore can I do it? On my 1P 6 for Mac you just have to click on the arrow in the bottom right corner to drop down the contextual menu for adding pictures with the macOS system method, but on Windows I click it and nothing happen.

I would like also to force sync my vault cause sometimes I add an element on my iPhone and I would like to edit it on my Windows PC, in the macOS version you can force it by entering settings and there is a sync button for it, what about Windows?

It is not yet possible to add custom icons for items in standalone vaults in 1Password 7 for Windows. It is a known issue and it is coming in future updates.

I would like also to force sync my vault cause sometimes I add an element on my iPhone and I would like to edit it on my Windows PC, in the macOS version you can force it by entering settings and there is a sync button for it, what about Windows?

If you are using a local vault in 1Password 7 for Windows, could you please specify how do you sync it across devices, Dropbox or Folder sync? Are your devices in the same network?

Finally can I transform password only elements in login elements adding a username like I could do on the macOS app?

Again, it is not yet possible to do that in 1Password 7 for Windows, but it is definitely on our list. Please stay tuned for future updates. :)

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• adri2906
    adri2906
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Greg, thanks for your answers,

I use a Dropbox file synced with all my devices, and at that moment yes they were on the same network, but sometimes not, it is recommended to be on the same network? Sometimes my phone is on cellular data and the PC is on wifi, what's the difference if only they have to reach the same file on the dropbox folder?

My request was for a button (on the Mac version 6 there is a button in the settings) that sync manually the vault when the sync is located on a local (or dropbox) folder. That could helps to verify if the sync works inspite waiting for the login items to show automatically when synced.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I use a Dropbox file synced with all my devices, and at that moment yes they were on the same network, but sometimes not, it is recommended to be on the same network? Sometimes my phone is on cellular data and the PC is on wifi, what's the difference if only they have to reach the same file on the dropbox folder?

@adri2906: They do not need to be on the same network for data to sync, but they will have to be connected to the internet. On the iPhone especially, make sure you have cellular data enabled for both 1Password and Dropbox if you want the data to be able to sync when you're not on Wi-Fi. For some reason a lot of people disable this and forget, and that causes confusion later on. And keep in mind that regardless, if something on the network or device itself is interfering with sync (especially on the desktop, "security" software, firewall/proxy, or corporate networks and public Wi-Fi) it will not work as you expect.

My request was for a button (on the Mac version 6 there is a button in the settings) that sync manually the vault when the sync is located on a local (or dropbox) folder. That could helps to verify if the sync works inspite waiting for the login items to show automatically when synced.

The problem is that this is not reliable. 1Password doesn't have any real control over a 3rd party sync service. With Dropbox and iCloud, we can only make a request, and it's up to them if and when they decide to sync data. All of this is handled by them. As a result, in 1Password 7, we've removed the option, since it cannot work as users expected anyway. The only sync service we — and therefore 1Password — have any control over is 1Password.com, so you may want to check that out. Otherwise, we have a great guide that will walk you through making sure everything is configured correctly:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

But outside of that, you'd need to contact Dropbox for assistance. Especially on the desktop, their software — the Dropbox client — handles all of this; and the rest of the time, it's their APIs and servers. So if it's not something wrong with your devices or the network you're using, they'll be the only ones with the answers.

This discussion has been closed.