cannot access 1password on iPhone

adoc
adoc
Community Member

I bought the 1password app from the app store 5 years ago.
I do not have a subscription account.
I have been using the app with no problems until today when I accidentally deleted the app from my phone. When I reinstalled it I can no longer open it .
I am being requested to either start a free trial, or if I am already using 1password choose Dropbox( i don't have),iCloud ( when I select this I'm told no vaults were found in iCloud),WLAN server( nothing at all happens if I select this) or 1password.com( when I select this I am asked to enter email address and secret key details) I don't have these details because I do not have an subscription account.
I don't sync the info.
Don't know which version I was using but my iPad version is 6.9.1 and I think that the phone should be the same.

Any ideas? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@adoc When you deleted your copy of the 1Password app from your phone you deleted all your data as well. If you never synced with a cloud service and never backed up your phone, then all the data in 1Password is gone. No one else can help you recover it. Sorry. HTH

• adoc
    adoc
    Community Member

Thanks for replying.
    when I said I don't sync , I meant the app itself. I do back up the phone. Can I recover the version of 1password that I had if i restore a previous phone back up?

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@adoc That's a bit tricky. Depends on how you backed up your phone. The only way I know of that will give you a chance of recovering your iPhone app data is if you did a secure backup to your computer in iTunes. Restore from that and you may have a chance to recover your data. I don't think an iCloud backup saves the app data. Good luck.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @adoc,

As @vplewis said, iCloud device backups do not include 1Password data. If you ever made a secure backup of your device by plugging your phone in to your computer and backing it up through iTunes, then it might be possible to recover the data.

You say you use 1Password on your iPad too. Is all of your data still available on your iPad?

• adoc
    adoc
    Community Member

I may have backed up using iTunes at some stage so I will do a restore from this if I can find one and hopefully retrieve the missing data.
    The iPad does have some of the info but the up to date info was on the phone.
    Thanks for your help

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Alright @adoc if you find an iTunes backup, you may be able to use this process to restore the data. Otherwise, we can use your iPad to recover at least some of your data back to your phone.

• adoc
    adoc
    Community Member

I restored my phone to a previous back up and have got back the app and the data. Thank you for taking the time to help .

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018

On behalf of Corey you’re very welcome. I’d highly recommend backing up your 1Password data separately for the future:

1Password backups

Ben

ref: MJG-66196-851

This discussion has been closed.