Note changes text in view mode (Edit Mode is correct)

Options
kavaa
kavaa
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

Hi,

We have a big issue that is with the new 1Password 7.
We have many notes with some code snippets in it that we often use.

Now when wee add for example: find . -type f -size +200000k -exec ls -lh {} \; | awk '{ print $9 ": " $5 }'
Than when we save the note the \ will be left out witch results in a not working line in Linux.

So hope you can release a quick fix for this since its on all our notes. And it does not matter if its formatted as code or plain.

Edit Mode:

View Mode:

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Have you tried doubling the \ character? That character I think acts as an escape character in markdown so you may need to double it to get the single character to display.

Edit: You'll have to test whether in fact that results in working code, though!

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @kavaa,

Just to give you advanced warning, while \ is the escape character it looks like it should only be interpreted as such if it precedes a valid Markdown token and otherwise we should be interpreting it as just a simple character. I would hate for you to escape all of your backslashes only for us to fix it and then you find you have a vault full of \\ instead.

Sorry about this.

ref: apple-1369

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @kavaa,

That is my understanding. There seems to currently be agreement that the existing 1Password 7 behaviour is wrong and you shouldn't need to double escape, especially within a code block. Based on what I'm seeing my expectation is when it is fixed, if you have altered a number of items to use double escaping you would then need to alter them again as they would then show as \\ which is as bad as no \ being present.

• Jacob
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.