Not seeing all my tags on 1Password on iPhone

Options
Deba
Deba
Community Member

I wiped and restored my iPhone 5. Now I can no longer see all the tags in the "organise" view. I could see them before the wipe and restore just fine. Now only a subset of the tags is showing.

The tagged items are there in the vault though - I can search for the tagged items and I see the tag in the item details but the tag category is just not showing in the organise view. I can see all the tags on my MacBook and iPad.

Please AgileBits - or anyone else - could you tell me how to see all my tags on my iPhone like before?

I'm running 1Password 6.9.1 on the iPhone 5 under iOS 10.3.3 (these are the latest versions available for the iPhone 5), 1Password 7.0.6 on my iPad under iOS 11.3.1, and 1Password 6.8.8 on my MacBook under MacOS 10.13.4. These are standalone purchases - I do not have the annual subscription. I am syncing via iCloud.

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Deba,

Unfortuantely only very limited suppport is available for 1Password 6 for iOS. It may be time to consider a newer phone which can run the latest iOS and thus the latest version of 1Password. Considering this is working with 1Password 7 on your iPad using the same data set the best I could guess here is that this is a latent bug in v6 that still remains. The only troubleshooting I could really suggest would be to try running through this guide, after backing up your data:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

Instructions on backing up can be found here:

1Password backups

However, as it is working in 1Password 7 for iOS on the iPad, I would be surprised if the problem were with iCloud or the data contained within. May be worth a try though.

I’m sorry I don’t have a more definitive answer to offer.

Ben

• Deba
    Deba
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Ben - thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, telling me to buy a new phone is not a helpful suggestion. And not very intelligent unless you're trying to annoy me to be honest.

Also, saying it is a latent bug does not stack up. I already explained that it was working fine before, so unless you, Agile Bits, deliberately introduced a bug after I wiped but before I restored the phone, which would be some coincidence, this is not a credible explanation.

Unfortunately you don't seem to have understood my post.

@anyone else with this problem - I have since solved it by simply deleting 1Password from the phone and reloading it from the App Store. I did this 3 times in total but the third time it loaded all the categories, folders and tags correctly.

• Ben
    Options

I have since solved it by simply deleting 1Password from the phone and reloading it from the App Store. I did this 3 times in total but the third time it loaded all the categories, folders and tags correctly.

Great. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.