Family set up - am I thinking about this correctly?

levithefa
levithefa
Community Member

Currently in a trial month on family - figured I'd get used ot it and then if I'm game, as I'd manage and the generally more tech aware person, I'd then get my wife's computer and phone on board if we purchase.

So - if I do the family plan, I've got my passwords on my computer and my phone, lets say Vault 1.
My wife, separately, has her own passwords on her computer and her phone with her own master log on, etc, Vault 2
We then have a shared "vault"/folder where we can share joint accounts , etc , Vault 3 / Shared Vault

As the "master account", I would ,in theory, have control/access to her Vault 2? Or not?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @levithefa

You have the vault layout pretty much correct but no, you would not have control over her vault. Each person in a family account is given their own Private vault that is completely 100% private to them in which they can put their own passwords and information. Nobody but that specific family member has access to that vault.

• levithefa
    levithefa
    Community Member

ok - thats actually what I was hoping - so i handle billing and inviting/revoking as the "master" but for all intents and purposes, my wife has her "own" account?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@levithefa Yep, exactly! The only things that are shared are things that you choose to share. You can also give her permission to do the inviting/revoking and billing stuff as well if you wish. It's actually not a bad idea as this actually gives her access to recover tools that can help save you in case you happen to lose access to your account information.

This discussion has been closed.