Cmd+shift+C doesn't work if username is blank

ssgelm
ssgelm
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

One bug I have found with 1Password 7 for mac: in 1password mini pressing cmd+shift+C to copy a password does not work if the item has no username. As far as I can tell, when username is blank that keyboard shortcut simply does nothing.

1Password Version: 7.0 beta 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

[Note from 1Password team: this Mac Beta discussion is now closed and related conversation currently continues in Cmd + Shift + C does not copy password of server anymore]

Comments

• Hi @ssgelm! Thanks for letting us know about this. If you have a Login item without a username, it's best to make that a Password item instead, since those are Logins without usernames. :) I'll let the team know you encountered this.

• ssgelm
    ssgelm
    Community Member

@Jacob Fair point, but I have found when I do that it tends to get lost in a sea of generated passwords so I greatly prefer not to. FWIW this has also been a sticking point for a number of my coworkers so I am at the very least not the only one who does this. :smile:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ssgelm - you know that you can edit the name/title of a Password item, right? If you're having trouble keeping track of them, you can also click Edit and have the full range of tagging available to you.

• ssgelm
    ssgelm
    Community Member

@Lars yep for sure. My issue is mainly that even renamed I find the password type to cause things to get lost in the shuffle (to be clear this is more a reflection of the way I work rather than a criticism of 1p itself :smile: ) Realistically a lot of these things ARE logins, at least in the way I think of it conceptually, even though they do not have usernames.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ssgelm - thanks for reporting how you use this, and how it (doesn't) work for you. As jacob mentioned above, we'll definitely let the team know. If it's something that can easily be expanded to Password items (instead of just logins), I'm sure we'll do it; I think it makes sense. But I'm not sure what might be involved in doing so. Stay safe out there! :)

• ymnatbraintree
    ymnatbraintree
    Community Member

Hi there,

I want to second this issue about it not working for both passwords and logins without usernames. This used to work on 1Password 6, so it really should be considered a regression and not just a feature request. In the past I've managed many sites with various shared passwords and passphrases without login names so 1Password for Teams was perfect for sharing those credentials with all the administrators. There was a very real use case that was met by 1Password 6 that 1Password 7 is failing to meet here.

• chadseld
    edited June 2018

Yes, this is a regression. We hope to address it soon. For now, with items with no username, you can copy the password with Command + Control + C.

Edit: See Note from 1Password team in first comment

ref: apple-1429

This discussion has been closed.