1P Mac app constantly crashing

surfmonkey89
surfmonkey89
Community Member

This has been happening for months, and I've been sending the crash reports to Agilebits and Apple, but it's still not fixed. Basically, I start up the app, click or type anywhere, and the app disappears (crashes). Eventually, after several crashes, I'm able to maybe type enough in the search field to find what I'm looking for, but it's hit and miss.

I've tried uninstalling the app and extensions, rebooting, and reinstalling. Nothing helps.

BTW, the extensions (Safari and Chrome) appear to work just fine.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
paul

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@surfmonkey89: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Anonymous crash reports with limited detail sent to us and to Apple often aren't really actionable, so I'm glad to decided to get in touch finally; that definitely isn't normal. I don't see how the browser extensions could be "fine" though. If 1Password is crashing, they'll have nothing to connect to.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#HSM-81897-137]

If you’re reading this and you are not surfmonkey89, this Support ID is for surfmonkey89 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: HSM-81897-137

• surfmonkey89
    surfmonkey89
    Community Member

Done. Thanks for the quick reply!

paul

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@surfmonkey89: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: HSM-81897-137

• surfmonkey89
    surfmonkey89
    Community Member

So, we confirmed that the repro includes clicking in the left pane of the app, and the workaround (if I remember correctly) is to change the view from Top, to Left.

That said, it's May, there have been several updates, and this is still happening. Are there any plans to fix this?

• @surfmonkey89,

I’m not aware of any definite plans to address this issue. 1Password 7 for Mac has an entirely new UI where this will not be an issue, and that is where our development focus is at present.

I’m sorry I don’t have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

• surfmonkey89
    surfmonkey89
    Community Member

So by the looks of it, this has been solved by removing the non-sidebar view, correct?

• Correct.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.