Error while saving a login from chrome browser; Failed to save item: Unknown Error:

seekingalpha99
seekingalpha99
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

See screen shot below. When I create a new login from within browser or desktop 1password app or try to save a login, I receive an error. I am just unable to use it anymore. This is my work machine. I am on windows 10. I have removed 1password and installed it again but nothing seems to work. I also noticed that on 1password desktop app, there are 6 items waiting to be synced. These are new logins that I created within app but now that has also stopped working. Please help.

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: WIndows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unknown-error-the-request-response-is-empty

Comments

• seekingalpha99
    seekingalpha99
    Community Member

Any update?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@seekingalpha99: I'm sorry for the delay. I've moved you to the Windows category of the forum since it sounds like that's what you're using. While you're also using 1Password X for some reason, since you're having the same problem in the Windows app it's likely that there's a deeper issue outside the browser. From your description and the error, it seems that something is preventing your machine from establishing a secure connection to the server. Hence, it cannot sync the offline changes in the app either. Do you have "security" software or proxy/firewall settings that could be interfering? it sounds like you were not having trouble previously. If so, what has changed on the PC or network? Let me know and we'll go from there.

• seekingalpha99
    seekingalpha99
    Community Member

Thanks for your response. Yes, since its my work machine, we have avecto defendpoint. However, Avecto has been on my machine for over a year now and 1password used to work. Something happened in 2018. I also pulled up the 1password console and I see HTTP 400 error for sync operation. The interesting piece is that 1password is able to check for updates successfully. for e.g., it last checked for update on May 30 at 5.36 PM pacific standard time.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @seekingalpha99,

We have released 1Password 7 for Windows recently, so 1Password 6.8.534 on your PC should be able to update to 1Password 7. Do you see the update while you go to Settings > Update? Please let us know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• seekingalpha99
    seekingalpha99
    Community Member

I have the latest version of 1password that is 7.0.558

• Hi @seekingalpha99,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• seekingalpha99
    seekingalpha99
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

Thanks for supplying the instructions @MikeT. I sent the email to you about a 35 seconds ago.

• seekingalpha99
    seekingalpha99
    Community Member

@MikeT - As a separate matter, the link that you supplied still has reference to 1password 6. You would want to correct that.

• seekingalpha99
    seekingalpha99
    Community Member

@MikeT - Please confirm if you have the email and the necessary info to debug this issue

• seekingalpha99
    seekingalpha99
    Community Member

@MikeT and @Greg - Any updates for me? Its getting really difficult to work with 1password. I may need to cancel my subscription and move to a different password manager that will work on my work machine. I really like 1password and want to continue with it so help me stay here.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @seekingalpha99,

Sorry for the delay! :blush: We have found your report on our side and get back to you via email as soon as possible.

P.S. The instructions has been updated as well.

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: YQI-37117-365

• seekingalpha99
    seekingalpha99
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I have responded to the email. Can you please share the URL that 1Password is trying to hit.? I have also responded to your email.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@seekingalpha99: I'm not sure what URL you're referring to. If you mean to use a 1Password.com account, there's no specific URL; you'll need to have access to *.1password.com

I'll follow up via email in case we need to get further details from you. Let's continue the conversation there so we're not trying to do so in multiple places.

This discussion has been closed.