1password7 upgrade on windows will not connect to my dropbox

I just upgraded my Mac to 1Password7 and was attempting to upgrade my Windows PC to 1Password7. I do not wish to subscribe but want to use purchased application on both systems. The upgrade on my Mac went fine with no issue. I upgraded to 1Password7 on my PC and it is not syncing properly to my Dropbox account. 1st, on the install, according to your website, on boot of the new version it was suppose to give me the option to subscribe or use a licensed version. It did not do that, it just automatically assumed I wanted a subscription and there appears to be no way to turn this off. Second, I don't understand how it can even do this as I do not have an account for it to create a subscription. Third, I assume it read my 1Password4 local file and imported it as there appears to be data in the vault it synchronized with but the data is old and incomplete. It does complain that it cannot sync with my Dropbox file and gives me a prompt to log into dropbox but it is asking for a Secret Key that I've never used before and have no idea what this key is so basically I'm stuck. The Mac side of syncing does not ask for a Secret Key to sync with Dropbox nor does there appear to be a form or place for me to use that information. I would like to upgrade but for the moment nothing seems to work on the Windows side.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Window10 April 2018 update
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password7 on windows will not connect to my dropbox

Comments

• Hi @rimcrazy,

Thanks for writing in.

As a fresh install, 1Password 7 for Windows does not import anything nor open anything automatically. If you've tried 1Password 6 as a trial in the past, then it is reading the local database that was left behind when you uninstalled 1Password 6.

Use this guide to start over and from there, you'll see the option under Used 1Password before? to sync with Dropbox.

You should then be able to see your vault from Dropbox and open it.

• rimcrazy
    rimcrazy
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Did not work exactly as the note but I got the gist of what the user guide was wanting to accomplish and was able to get it to start over/sync and purchase the license I wanted to get. All worked out in the end. Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rimcrazy,

Thank you for getting back to us with good news! On behalf of Mike you are quite welcome! :chuffed:

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you.

Have a great day!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.