License yes, account no

Options
Karen Kreps
Karen Kreps
Community Member

I have a license registered to me, not an account, with 1password. I used 1password on my Macbook pro, in all my web browsers, on my ipad and iphone. My husband uses it on his Windows laptop, as part of my license. Now we want him to be able to be able to use it on his Android smartphone, but when we try to install the app it keeps asking for our account, and we don't have one. I only have an account for agilebits discussion.

1Password Version: 4.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Karen Kreps: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You will only have a 1Password Account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device (iCloud is not available on Android, so you'd need to use Dropbox if you're not a 1Password.com member) or create a new vault. And, in that case, 1Password for Android will be a separate purchase for the Premium Features.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password Families membership, as that includes 5 family members in the base price. It also makes the following possible:

• It's easy to share vaults securely, so you can each give each other access to important information that might be needed in an emergency.
    • Automatic offsite backup and item history are included, so losing your devices doesn't mean losing your data.
    • Family Organizers can perform account recovery for other family members if they forget their Master Password or other account credentials.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.