No Lock button on menu bar?

Options
rctneil
rctneil
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Is there no dedicated Lock button? I used that a lot actually.

By the way, I absolutely LOVE the new app icon.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi @rctneil,

No button, but Opt+Ctrl+Cmd+L should do it. :) Thanks for the kind words about the icon! I'm partial to it as well.

Ben

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

Yeh it does. Ok, accept this as my plea to bring it back! :-)

• Ben
    Options

Accepted. ;)

Ben

• Thomas_U
    Thomas_U
    Community Member
    Options

please bring it back.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Ben
    Options

@Thomas_U

I've merged your thread with another on the same subject. Please see above. :)

Ben

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

Yay, someone else who wants the Lock button back. I keep finding myself going to hit it but it's not there. Please add it back!

• Ben
    Options

:)

Ben

• junon
    junon
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

+1 for this.

Also (not sure if this should be a separate topic) but holding certain meta keys for the lock hotkey combo exposes passwords briefly. Any screen capture program or recording device (over the shoulder, etc.) with a high enough framerate would be able to pick up plaintext passwords without the user knowing.

Please address that.

EDIT: It's Alt.

• rudy
    Options

@junon,

This has actually been improved over the behavior in 1Password 6, as long as you're holding at least another modifier key( modifier keys being defined as shift, control, option, command.), it won't reveal the password when you're also holding the option key.

The only point where it will reveal is if the option key is the lone modifier being pressed.

Rudy

• junon
    junon
    Community Member
    Options

Right, but that's still an issue - is there a way to disable the Alt modifier completely? Call me paranoid, but I'd rather my passwords are never displayed in plaintext under any circumstances, merely because there is no need for them to be.

• ruhrgold
    ruhrgold
    Community Member
    Options

Please bring it back :)

• ruhrgold
    ruhrgold
    Community Member
    Options

Hm, on my iMac ctrl+alt+cmd+L only works if the 1P window is in the background...

• Hi all,

FYI, there is also a Lock command in the 1Password 7 menu in the menubar. But we'll consider the request to bring back the button.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.