Apple Watch not updating (synching?)

stevenj
stevenj
Community Member

Hello,
My apple watch 3 is not updating with the latest passwords from either my MacBook or my iphone X. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:apple watch

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stevenj: Unfortunately without some basic information you've omitted from your post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you seeing these items in 1Password for iOS, do they have the Apple Watch tag, and do you have the Pro Features enabled in 1Password for iOS? Thanks in advance! :)

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member

hi brenty,
    sorry, I knew to do that!

Here's the info and the problem I was experiencing, however, it appears that it is updated now, but it took a couple of days for it to do that.

Info: Apple OS 10.13.4, iphone X software ver 11.3.1, Apple Watch 3 software ver 4.3, 1Password 6 pro (currently trying to update to 6.8.9), "Apple Watch" appearing in the tag line of the items (I've added all of the items).

Problem: When I update a password on my iphone or laptop, the item is not updated on my watch.

Question: How can i get it to update right away?

thanks,
    Steve

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stevenj: No worries! I just didn't have a lot to go on initially. We'll get this sorted though. :)

The bad news is that 1Password doesn't have any control over the information being updated on your watch, as that's all handled by the OS (that's why you need to have a passcode setup, as that is used to secure the data between the two). But the good news is that it sounds like you're at least up to date, so that can eliminate some issues. How much of a delay are you seeing? I'll admit I have similar problems with many apps...but I assumed it's because my watch is first generation and feeling rather slow in general at this point; I'm a bit surprised you're having this trouble on a Series 3. :blush:

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member

brenty,
    I think it was a couple of days before it had the latest information...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stevenj: Thanks for letting me know. I guess I took it for granted, but if you didn't try it rebooting the watch helps a lot. I've had to do this much less since watchOS 3 and 4, but it does still occasionally get in a state where things just aren't updating. I just did this tonight because Activity stopped syncing and updating my activity. So, definitely a few rough edges still. Looking forward to what Apple does in the future though, as I love this thing. :)

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member

I guess I didn't know I needed one until I got it!

brent, do you think I could get some assistance on this other thread - I seem to have been abandoned!
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90683/1password-6-not-updating-to-6-8-9#latest
    thanks,
    Steve

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stevenj: I don't quite understand why you thought you'd been abandoned, as it appears you've been getting responses each day. If you need help with something else, feel free to start a new discussion. We'll be around. :)

And, regarding the watch, funnily enough my mom ran into a similar issue. Somehow, in spite of keeping her iPhone up to date, she was a few months behind on her watch until I mentioned this week's update. I guess that's the downside to there not being an option to automatically update the watch overnight like there is on the iPhone. :crazy:

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member

brenty,

sorry, about that - I was frustrated and II over-reacted a bit.

I love my Apple watch. One thing I don't really understand is why the watch send/receive emails without being close to your phone, while texts and phone calls don't need that (I'm sure there's a very good reason for this).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stevenj: No worries. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. :)

I really like my watch, but use it only for very specific things...and one of those doesn't happen to be email, so I have to admit I'm not sure about that. :(

I am very glad that SMS and phone calls work though. Here's hoping Apple has some exciting stuff to share with developers at WWDC next week, and then users can benefit this autumn when presumably a new watchOS and hardware is released. :chuffed:

• stevenj
    stevenj
    Community Member

sounds like someone is ready to upgrade to a 4! :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We shall see. ;)

• Volker1729
    Volker1729
    Community Member

I just dropped about this thread - had a similar sync problem with Apple Watch 4: The change of an item was not synced. However, removing the item from the Apple Watch and adding it again solved the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know :+1:

This discussion has been closed.