No markdown support on iOS

heihachi88
heihachi88
Community Member

I've noticed, after you release 1password 7.0.1 for MacOS, there was no update for a mobile version, so my secure notes with markdown not working on iOS, do you plan to fix it? Not convenient.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @heihachi88

As far as I'm aware, there are no plans to leave iOS without markdown formatting as it is a big feature for the desktop versions. It just hasn't made its way over to the mobile apps yet.

• heihachi88
    heihachi88
    Community Member

Hi, @Corey_C

Is there an ETA for iOS? I am switched to 1p from Notes, i would like to have it soon :)

• @BrokenHope

Rick wrote about that subject here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/433917/#Comment_433917
    It may help understand why things are the way they are.

Ben

• @heihachi88

I don’t have any sort of a timeframe to offer (that just isn’t something that we do), but it is in the works.

Ben

• I don’t think I can really explain any better than Rick did in the aforementioned post. I understand you’d prefer to have features rolled out across all of our supported platforms simultaniously. I agree, that would be awesome when using 1Password across multiple platforms. For a whole host of reasons that Rick mentioned that isn’t necessarily very practical, and isn’t likely to be the way forward for some time (if ever). I’m sorry.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.