Congratulations on 1Password 7

I just wanted to post a quick topic to relay how pleased I am with the 1Password 7. It is very clear that a lot of time an effort went into this release and I am personally fond of the symmetry between the Mac and Windows versions. I know there is more work to be done here (especially with mini) but good job on what you have achieved thus far.

Just curious if there are future plans to provide 1Password through the Windows app store? This would be super low priority as I am not sure if there are many benefits other than making it available to Windows S users.

Love Windows Hello!!! Have not explored it too much yet but if there was a way to automate its use that would be perfect....right now I think you have to click the "eye" icon and then click "OK". I understand you may not have much control over how this works.

Again, thank you for 1Password 7!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Cartman,

Thanks for your kind feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Just curious if there are future plans to provide 1Password through the Windows app store? This would be super low priority as I am not sure if there are many benefits other than making it available to Windows S users.

Yes, but the current environment is not where we can port it without limitations. Microsoft is willing to help us get it there and we're working on it but it'll take some time on both sides.

Other benefits are the same as all Windows Store apps:

1. Quick and clean install/uninstall/updates. We dislike our installer but we can't find a good one so far.
    2. Better compatibility and stability with Edge extension, it'd be embedded in the app rather than having this four-process setup we have going right now.
    3. Access to Fluent Design System (altho, Microsoft is working on separating it out, so this may not be an exclusive benefit soon).
    4. Better access to crash report data and future new Windows 10 features. We had Windows Hello support on day one in our original alpha of UWP version of 1Password a few years ago.

There are cons of course such as we still have to support Windows 7 and others.

Love Windows Hello!!! Have not explored it too much yet but if there was a way to automate its use that would be perfect....right now I think you have to click the "eye" icon and then click "OK". I understand you may not have much control over how this works.

Press enter in the empty master password field, it'll trigger Hello for you. :)

• Cartman
    Cartman
    Community Member

Thank you for your detailed reply Mike...and Windows Hello tip! Keep up the good work. Every release reaffirms my decision to standardize on 1Password for all our corporate users

• You're welcome and thanks!

This discussion has been closed.