Convert standalone primary vault to personal vault

Options
new282
new282
Community Member

I am sure this has been answered somewhere else, but I am not seeing exactly what i need on line for some reason.

I am a long-time user of 1password and recently started to transition from the 1Password app to 1Password for Families. The big issue is that I am still using a Dropbox-based primary vault through 1Password 7.0.2 but the rest of the family is using the web-based version and I want to be able to convert the primary vault into a personal vault so everyone can see it. Any chance you can point me in the direction of instructions to do that? Thanks very much.

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12..6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

Hi @new282 - you will need to add the 1Password.com account to your 1Password app and then you will be prompted to move the items from the Private vault to the new Personal vault of the 1Password.com account. Please let us know if you need further help with this.

• new282
    new282
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Laura. I opened the app, went to Account > Sign in to another account, added the information for my on-line account, and then 1Password quit suddenly (I have sent in the diagnostics. So is this the way I am supposed to do as you describe above?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@new282

Well, a crash certainly shouldn't have happened. What happens now that you reopen 1Password? Is the account added?

• new282
    new282
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately no - the account was not added

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@new282

Alright then, do you still have your account information on hand? If so, give it another try. If it crashes again we will know something is definitely wrong.

• new282
    new282
    Community Member
    Options

okay - stay tuned! Thanks so much.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

My pleasure @new282. Let me know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.