Hide Vulnerable Password

Options
izibo
izibo
Community Member

Greetings! Loving the new version, great work.

Quick question: is it possible to hide or acknowledge a vulnerable password so it no longer appears in the list? I have a few non-real logins (either localhost) or shared login sites (coffee shop wifi password on splash screen) that are displaying in the vulnerable password list and it would be great to be able to hide those and only show the 'real' vulnerable passwords.

Any way to do this?

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

good idea!

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @izibo! Thanks for the suggestion. Right now it isn't possible but it's something we're looking into, so I'll let the team know you asked about it as well.

• anarfox
    anarfox
    Community Member
    Options

Since you can hide entries from Inactive 2FA by just adding 2FA as a tag, a similar solution for weak and vulnerable passwords would be an easy solution.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @anarfox! You're quite right, it would be an easy solution...but not a comprehensive one. We may wind up going that route, but I think we may have something a little more than that in the works. Stay tuned! :)

• realTIMematrix
    realTIMematrix
    Community Member
    Options

Are there any news from the 1P Team? I really like the idea to confirm/flag some entries like internal network devices without https, stronger pin or something else. The Watchtower feature is pretty good and i really like it but in some cases users need to store 4 digit pins or shorter passwords for local storage drives which dont accept recommended strenghts for passwords. I noticed that the "bank accounts" have a hidden pin field which does not shown up as "weak" or "unsafe" because 4-digit is normal. I'm happy to hear your plans and keep up the AMAZING work! :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @realTIMematrix! Thanks so much for the kind words. :)

Are there any news from the 1P Team?

Nothing that's announcement-ready/worthy just yet. But it's definitely in the works.

I really like the idea to confirm/flag some entries like internal network devices without https, stronger pin or something else.

Truthfully, so do I. And it would be (relatively) easy to add such a flag/tag/option. After all, that's what we did for 2FA. The problem with it is that it's quite easy, especially for newer users, to simply use it as a catch-all, and wind up turning off warnings they then later forget are no longer protecting them. So for something as important as re-used password warnings, we're trying to come up with something a little more comprehensive than that. Stay tuned, and thanks for your interest -- as well as for being a passionate 1Password user! :)

This discussion has been closed.