I bought 1password7 for mac and trying to apply the license file but it just quits.

Options
zavoid
zavoid
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

No matter how i try to enable it. drag and drop.. open... it quits the app.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password7 license

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Are you sure 1Password 7 is still in read only mode? When I bought my licence the app was automatically licensed.

Edit: did you buy the licence from within 1Password 7 itself?

Stephen

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @zavoid! 1Password 7 should be licensed automatically like Stephen said above. If it's not, find the email with the receipt for your license, then click the blue button in it to apply the license to your Mac.

• zavoid
    zavoid
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob It's not. I click the blue button and it downloads the license file and i try to apply it and it quits 1password 7.. rinse/repeat....

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zavoid - hmmm, that's not good. Sounds like something may be interfering. At this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#HIK-94765-968]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @zavoid only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: HIK-94765-968

• Ninja01
    Ninja01
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Lars, I'm having the same issue unfortunately. I've installed 1Password7 on one mac. When I attempt to upgrade from version 6 to 7 on my Macbook Pro for work and my family's member's Macbook Air, the app on both machines is locked to Read-only mode.

I resolved the issue by uninstalling 1Password6 and 1Password7 and reinstalled 1Password7. Once that is completed, 1Password7 is registered as licensed.

I believe this may have something to do with the migration process between version 6 and 7.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ninja01 - You're replying to a thread that's nearly two months old, and in the intervening time, 1Password 7 went through multiple iterations/versions, so I doubt what you experienced would be identical to earlier posters in this thread. Can I ask: are the other Macs using a different iCloud account than the on onto which you initially installed 1Password? And did/do you have iCloud Keychain turned on, on all Macs?

• Ninja01
    Ninja01
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @Lars, both macs are using the same iCloud account with keychain enabled on both.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ninja01 - thanks for the additional info. Are all Macs licensed now? Everything good?

• Ninja01
    Ninja01
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Yep, life is good

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ninja01 - Great! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.