Can't open browser extension

Options
verbc
verbc
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

After upgrading from 1password 6 to 7 (7.0.1), I can't open the browser (safari) extension anymore. Even not after restarting computer and un- reinstall the extension.

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@verbc: What do you mean "can't open"? Unfortunately without some basic information you've omitted from your post, it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you using the keyboard shortcut? Clicking the toolbar button with the mouse? Thanks in advance! :)

• verbc
    verbc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks voor your comment. Iam working on a iMac with MacOS 10.14.5 and Safari 11.1.1, 1Password 7.0.1, 1Password browser extension 4.7.1. Iam not using shortcuts. I am using the toolbar button with my mac mouse.

With the former 1Password version it all worked fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@verbc: Thanks! When you click the toolbar button, what happens?

• verbc
    verbc
    Community Member
    Options

Notting. It doesn’t open

• verbc
    verbc
    Community Member
    Options

I have several accounts on my Mac. It seems that 1Password on my account works, but for the rest of the family is doesn't. Before, with 1Password 6, it worked all well.

Also the option for automatic login doesn't seem to stick.

(is there an possibility to downgrade to 1Password 6?)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@verbc: Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like you're using the macOS Fast User Switching feature with 1Password and Safari running under one account and then not working under another. Is that correct? Using a different browser can help, but we have a fix for this in 7.0.3. So you can update now if you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, or the Mac App Store version whenever Apple approves it and offers you the update.

• verbc
    verbc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help.

It seems so. However, we are all working on Safari, and I would like to keep it like that. 7.0.3 is installed, bit doesn't seem to fix the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@verbc: Thanks for letting me know. I was going to ask you for more details, but I see that you've also been carrying on another conversation separately via email with Adam. Let's continue there to avoid confusing back and forth.

ref: GRZ-54356-588

This discussion has been closed.