Obfuscated standalone pricing? Install to see price, really?

I see no way to view standalone license (upgrade?) pricing for 1P 7 for Mac? Am I missing something or does the user really have to download 1P 7 for Mac to see the price? There’s no mention of the price in either of these:
https://support.1password.com/upgrade-mac/
Pricing tab (what’s up with the trend of not having pricing on pricing pages?):
https://1password.com/sign-up/

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• spam4stan@gmail.com[email protected] Junior Member

I too am unclear as to upgrade pricing. I finally gave up searching and installed 7. Version 6 got uninstalled. Now I can't open my vault, and still I have no idea of cost.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi folks.

We don’t advertise standalone licenses, and as such you won’t see the price advertised anywhere (particularly our pricing page), but we did write a blog post about the launch of 1Password 7 that explains how pricing works:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever - AgileBits Blog

I hope that helps!

Ben

I read the blog and still can't find upgrade pricing. Just full price.

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

@[email protected]

We don't have specific "upgrade pricing". Everyone pays the same price. We are currently offering a limited time discount during the initial launch period, but that is available for anyone who wishes it rather than only for people who had previously bought a license.

I searched that link for "upgrade" and found 7 instances. All of them in the comments. None give a price other than new retail $64.99 with launch discount of $49.99.

Simply put, is there a discounted upgrade price from standalone version 6 to standalone version 7?

Thanks for the direct answer Corey_C.

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

Not a problem, happy to help.

• BoxCarBoxCar
    edited May 29

@Ben "We don’t advertise standalone licenses, and as such you won’t see the price advertised anywhere (particularly our pricing page),”
    Right, why would you want your users to easily find the price of your software, particularly on your PRICING page? If you wonder why you get so much, um, commentary on your pricing look no further. Obfuscated indeed.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@BoxCar,

Memberships are what we now advertise, and the pricing for those should be quite easy to find. We still offer standalone licenses for those that know they want them, but we’re not advertising them.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file