I've mixed up my Primary and Personal vaults - how do I deconflict and scrub duplicates?

pixelpeeper
pixelpeeper
Community Member

I made the switch to the cloud account some time ago and did the migration as per the instructions. However, I mixed up the vaults, and ended up adding new entries into the Primary (non-cloud) vaults instead of the cloud one. I don't know what needs to be moved where any more :(

To make matters worse, I have 2 computers and 2 iOS devices, which at some point, were using another sync system (Dropbox). Plus, I have 600+ entries accumulated over the years.

Is there a strategy and/or tool by which I can clean up the entries (preferably by most-recently updated) and pull everything into the Personal vault?

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @pixelpeeper ,

If you remember the date you switched to a membership account, then it should be a fairly quick job.

1. Switch to the Primary account,
    2. Sort by Date Modified, Reversed, or Choose Find > Show Show Search Options from the Edit menu and have it show only items since you migrated.
    3. Take those items and copy them to the Personal vault.

At this point every item in your Primary vault should also be in your Personal vault. You may want to take a few minutes to spot-check this now.

Then switch to the Personal vault. In the Help menu, choose "Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items" - those will catch exact duplicates. After that, look for any remaining duplicates and delete the appropriate ones.

Once you've finished, I recommend deleting the Primary vault. It doesn't sync with the membership and isn't needed.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.