1pasword not filling in correct password

I also recently updated a password to simplii.net; now when I attempt to have 1password "fill in" that information the login fails.

Here is what is pasted from the application (nothing sensitive displayed in the image)

If I count the *s is looks correct at 25 characters. BUT, If I manually copy the password and paste it myself, it is much shorter (only 12 charaters ?!?) and I AM able to login. I "paste" that 25 character password in a text editor to confirm that indeed it is the "right" password.

1Password Version: 7.01
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4 (17E202)
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:1pasword not filling in correct password

Comments

• aforward
    aforward
    Community Member

http://simplii.com/ (not dot net, sorry)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Does that site by any chance impose a restriction on password length?

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aforward,

Stephen has it spot on. When I looked at the sign-in form I see they've imposed a maximum length of 12 characters on the password. When you copy and paste the password is being truncated from the 25 characters down to the 12 but when 1Password fills it doesn't cause the same effect meaning the full 25 characters are in the field. Either manually saving a new Login item (How to save a Login manually in your browser) or editing your existing one should see 1Password be able to successfully fill.

Once you have 1Password working the question you will likely ask yourself is why are they limiting you to 12 characters? I don't have a good answer for you I'm afraid, these decisions never make sense to me.

• aforward
    aforward
    Community Member

Ugh.... well that's annoying.

It looks like a case of "fail silently" on their end, as they accepted the longer password without a peep.

Thanks so much for the help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ouch. Yeah, that's happened to me a few times too. Always the hardest figuring it out the first!

This discussion has been closed.