1Password extension for Safari broken after update

straffaren
straffaren
Community Member

My 1password installation got updated to 7 this week and I haven't been able to use the browser extension since then. I use Safari and have version 4.7.1 of the extension installed. I've tried completely uninstalling 1Password as per these instructions, removing all the stuff from ~/Library etc and reinstalling. No luck.

The keyboard shortcut does nothing. Clicking on the little vault next to the location bar briefly unfocuses Safari, then restores focus as if a window opened and closed really quickly. Trying "Open and Fill" from the little 1Password helper focuses Safari but nothing more. It's like they've lost connection with each other somehow? Attaching a gif of what it looks like:

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @straffaren

As tech support cliche as it sounds, restarting your Mac often ends up fixing these issues. it ensures that no remnants of 1Password 6 are sticking around causing unwanted behaviours in the browser extension. Give it a shot.

• gawahrle
    gawahrle
    Community Member

I am having the same issue and no, a reboot does not change anything. 1Password is basically useless with the Safari extension working properly.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @gawahrle! Sorry for the trouble. The OP in this thread didn't reply to Corey_C's response, so I'm unable to guess whether the suggestion solved his issue -- though experience tells me people whose issues aren't solved tend to be the ones who return...because they're still having a problem. Without a little more information from you, it's difficult to say what might be going wrong -- can you tell us what version of macOS you're using, what (specific) version of 1Password, and what version of the 1Password extension? Thanks.

• gawahrle
    gawahrle
    Community Member

I posted an update stating that an old version of 1Password 4 was still lingering on my Mac. I deleted all of the libraries associated with 1Password and reinstalled and everything is back to normal now. Don't know what happened to my update.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gawahrle - thanks. I must've missed that update of yours. It's easy to do when we're seven or eight pages deep in this forum alone. Can you help us in the future by following up in the thread you began (or commented in) instead of opening up more threads to follow up on the same issue? Multiple threads or posting here and sending in email tends to slow down the support experience for everyone including you, because we have to stop and coordinate responses across multiple points of contact and multiple people. We appreciate it -- and glad to hear things are back to normal. :)

This discussion has been closed.