Search 1Password Does Nothing After a Site Has Been Choosen

djMot
djMot
Community Member

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note8 running Oreo 8.0.0.

So I mistakenly entered a Microsoft login (because I was working with the Cortana app) but should have been entering my Google login (because I was signing on for the Cortana beta via the Google store). Dumb, I know. I had gotten to the Microsoft credentials by searching 1Password. Of course the login failed, so --head-slap-- and back to trying again with the correct credentials. So this time around, 1Password suggests my Microsoft credentials, and also has the "Search 1Password" entry on the list.

But tapping "Search 1Password" does absolutely nothing. (Tapping the Microsoft login does enter those credentials)

Typing in my Google email (username) and proceeding to the password screen does not invoke 1Password.

So now I'm stuck.

How do I -
1. Get "Search 1Password" to actually respond when in this predicament? Apparently must be a bug that it does not! and
2. How do I clear an accidentally registered set of credentials from a site in 1Password?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Android Current
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android Oreo 8.0.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• djMot
    djMot
    Community Member

Okay, it mysteriously starting responding to "Search 1Password" and I was able to look up my Google credentials in 1Password, but when proceeding to the screen where you enter the password, 1Password is nowhere to be found. Doesn't 1Password work with logins that make you enter the login name on one screen and the password on another?

• Hey @djMot. 1Password currently only fills on pages that require both the username and password on the same page. It won't appear on a page that just requires an email address, for instance. I'm not sure if this is something that we'll change in the future, but I'll pass the request on to our team!

• philliplyle
    philliplyle
    Community Member

There is a bug where Search 1Password does not work in some situations. Supposedly it's going to get fixed in the next update.

• djMot
    djMot
    Community Member

Hey @perl - This kind of multi-page login is becoming common. Google uses it. Microsoft uses it. Tumblr uses it. Point is, I would certainly HOPE 1Password will support this trend. Sooner than later. To ignore it leaves an entire class of websites that require a manual login outside of the 1Password login assistance framework. What happens when that becomes the case? People start dumbing-down passwords and re-using common passwords for these "difficult" logins. The very thing you're working to prevent! So, yes. Indeed. Pass it along to the AgileBits team. But not as a "request", rather as an imperative. If you all decide that some types of logins will not be supported by 1Password, I for one will be looking at Dashlane, or maybe going back to LastPass.

• djMot
    djMot
    Community Member

Oh, and @perl - you didn't answer another highly important question I asked. How do I make 1Password forget the site I accidentally associated with a login. There is no other way to search for another site since the search function is apparently dead by a bug. So how do I clear 1Password's site associations?

• djMot
    djMot
    Community Member

How do I make 1Password forget the site I accidentally associated with a login? There is no other way to search for another site since the search function is apparently broken and does nothing. So how do I clear 1Password's site associations?

1Password Version: Android (latest)
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Oreo 8.0.0
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• @djMot I'm happy to jump in here for @peri. I'll start by apologizing for the bug with not being able to tap "Search 1Password" in the Autofill dropdown. I'm hoping to get a fix for that into this week's beta.

When it comes to different types of logins, I don't imagine there will ever be a login type that we aren't interested in being able to fill. Split-screen logins are already fairly common and seem to be becoming more popular with apps. With that in mind, I'm looking forward to adding support for split-screen logins in a future update to 1Password.

In order to disassociate a login from a particular app, you will want to launch 1Password and navigate to that item. Tap the edit button and scroll down to the "Linked apps" section in your item. You can remove each linked app by tapping on the 'x' button beside the app signature. We've got plans to make that app signature look a whole lot nicer too ;)

• @djMot I almost forgot to mention that I'd merged your other message into this thread as it references the same issue ;)

• djMot
    djMot
    Community Member

Thank you @mverde! I'm glad to hear this type of increasingly common logon will be supported. How do I get on the beta?

Sorry for the cross-post. As my re-ask of that question had gone for an entire work week without an answer, and the first answer came in just 2 days and on a Sunday, I concluded this thread was falling off the radar.

Now, while I'm at it, off I to go post about and entirely different question...

• You can join the beta from the 1Password app page on Google Play. There should be a button displayed midway down the listing which allows you to join.

• djMot
    djMot
    Community Member

Got it. I'm in. :)

• Welcome to the beta and thanks for joining!

This discussion has been closed.