[FEATURE REQUEST] Optimize 1Password 7 name of the entries

gijsrutten
gijsrutten
Community Member

Dear 1Password Team,

congratulations to Version 7. A lot of new features we really like. But we are having on issue with the new 1Password mini.

We use 1Password to store login details that we get from our customers. We often need to login to different web-services and for each service or tool, we have at least one login.

We started to enter Password with the following nomenclature: [Company] [Contactperson] [Service/Tool]

This resulted in the following:

If a login is exactly the same, just with another username, then the username is also shown at the end of the entry.

If the screen or window is to small to display the complete name, it then leaves out some characters in the middle. So, we can still see which client and the service. The name starts with the client and ends with the service. The middle part is not that relevant.

But now in Version 7 it makes it really hard to find a the correct login for a client. Some of the entries have an icon but not all. We use plentymarkets very often and usually have multiple logins per client. The logins don't get an icon automatically and it also would be the same icon anyway.

We can't receive the sidebar. The names are shortened at the end and the usernames are not displayed anymore. The result is, that we have to click to entries to check if we have the right login. If it is the wrong login, we have to switch to the next entry.

Apart from the fact, that 1Password mini needs an extra click now anyway to fill in the login, it is hard for us to see the correct login.

I hope you can find a solution for us.
Thanks,
Gijs

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gijsrutten
    gijsrutten
    Community Member

Anyone else having this issue?

• BrBill
    BrBill
    Community Member

I vote to fix this too, and I can't really consider the upgrade to 1Pv7 until it's fixed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We'll continue to iterate on the new design. I don't think we can please everyone since most seem to want it smaller, but we'll see what we can do. :)

• gijsrutten
    gijsrutten
    Community Member

This is what I would love to see.

• Thanks for the feedback, @gijsrutten. I can’t make any promises here, other than to say when we’re brainstorming improvements I’ll bring these suggestions up.

Thanks.

Ben

• gijsrutten
    gijsrutten
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.