Firefox browser extension flickers and does nothing

Options

I'm on Firefox 60.0.1 (mainline installed via website download installer, no developer or preview edition) and using 1Password 7.0.4. I'm on a Mac using Sierra 10.12.6.

I cannot use 1Password from Firefox. The icon in the extensions bar flickers between an enabled and disabled state, and clicking it does nothing. Using Cmd+\ also does nothing. When I open the 1Password desktop app it "suggests" that I install the Firefox extension, even though it is installed. The Chrome extension seems to work fine; only Firefox has the flickering/not-working issue.

I have removed and re-installed the Firefox extension multiple times and it does not change the problem. I have also uninstalled Firefox itself and reinstalled from the latest installer from Mozilla, and I get the same result.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @whazzmaster,

So what you describe sounds like a connection issue but as things are working in Chrome it isn't the most common cause I've seen for 1Password 7. Given we've eliminated that immediately I'd like to review a diagnostic report. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here we'll be able to locate the report and see what we learn.

This discussion has been closed.