"Limited Sharing" and Sharing Credit Card

Options
Bgibson
Bgibson
Community Member

Hello,

We're looking to purchase 1password for our small team. Could you please help me with the two questions below?

1. What exactly is meant by 5 or 20 "guest accounts for limited sharing." Are guests different than team members?
  2. With either the Team or Business will the admin have the ability to share a credit card with a team member who can then use that for purchases?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bgibson: Sounds good! Happy to help. :)

What exactly is meant by 5 or 20 "guest accounts for limited sharing." Are guests different than team members?

Indeed, guests have access to only a single vault you share with them. So they're most useful for folks who aren't full members of your team and need access to only limited information.

With either the Team or Business will the admin have the ability to share a credit card with a team member who can then use that for purchases?

You can save credit card information in an item in 1Password, but 1Password itself doesn't make purchases; they'd need to use the credit card details on a website to buy something.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Bgibson
    Bgibson
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks very much for your fast reply @brenty.

Still seems like the password sharing would be worthwhile for us even if we can't encrypt a credit card to prevent team members from actually seeing the card details when making a purchase.

Thanks again.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Bgibson

I think the point brenty is trying to make is that even if we hid the details in 1Password as soon as they were filled into a web form they’d be visible... we can’t really do anything about that. Considering that fact I’m not sure I see what benefit obscuring the details within 1Password would provide?

You can definitely share the card using 1Password.... but the details of that card are going to be available to whomever you share it with. Does that make sense?

Ben

• Bgibson
    Bgibson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben. Yes, I understand. Maybe I didn't communicate that very well.

To answer your question, there would be no benefit if the details were revealed at any step of the process. What I was trying to say is that, outside of the credit card piece, we still have a need for 1password. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for your response.

• Ben
    Options

Ah! Okay, great. Got it now. Thanks! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.