1Password Mini and the browser extension no longer show username/email address in search list!!

Options
adamjb
adamjb
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I have 10 different Google logins. In 1Password 6 Mini and in the browser extension, If I searched for "Google", or I was on a Google page, I'd get a list of all my "Google" logins with the email address listed next to the title "Eg. Google - email1, Google - email2, etc."

Now I can't see the username/email in the list, and I just see "Google" repeated 20 times. This breaks 1Password for me!! Please fix!

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @adamjb! We're looking at adding this back – that many Google accounts is crazy, I agree. :lol: I'll let the team know you're interested.

ref: apple-1264

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

:+1:

Good to heart it is being added back!

This problem is just as frustrating even with only 2 identical logons (I have many of those). ...funny thing was, I renamed all of mine (removing the user ID from the title) when 1Password first added support to show the username/email in the list.

• Jacob
    Options

I'm looking forward to it too! I've got lots of Google and Twitter accounts, plus a few Amazon.com ones. They add up man!

• adamjb
    adamjb
    Community Member
    Options

I run an IT business, so I have tens of Google and Microsoft logins, and 2-3 logins for many other sites (personal and business for example). This is a major downgrade in usability for me.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adamjb Thanks for weighing in on this. :+1:

• wojo
    wojo
    Community Member
    Options

Also have the same issue with 7, please fix this soon! Thanks!

Community Member
    Options

Same!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @wojo, and thanks to both you and @2349378428 for letting us know you'd like this as well. :)

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    Options

It's quite odd, since sometimes there's a situation where it does show the usernames... I'd show a screenshot but it seems like a bad idea to show off my password database including usernames.

When there is a "suggestion" based on the current website in the active window, it will show the usernames. Oddly, even if you aren't looking at the suggestion items, you can browse all your logins but as long as a suggested list exists, then you will see usernames for everything. If there's no suggestion, you're out of luck. :(

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@instanttim -- yep, this is a situation we're tracking as a bug and looking to improve as soon as possible. Thanks for reporting it, and for your patience in the meantime. Keep an eye on release notes in upcoming updates. :)

• rdforbes
    rdforbes
    Community Member
    Options

This "Google" effect never showed up in beta testing....?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @rdforbes!

This "Google" effect never showed up in beta testing

It did, actually, in this thread. We'll get it fixed up as quickly as possible. Meantime, thanks for your patience.

• rdforbes
    rdforbes
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks much, Lars.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rdforbes - :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.