Upgrade to v7 from app store v6. Did not import current data. Someone mentioned reset. What is that?

fredg
fredg
Community Member

When I installed - went directly to sign up for an account. I read a post that the indicated the import selection might have been missed, and that resetting the app corrected this. They did not explain what "resetting the app" meant.

1Password Version: 6.8.9 to 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Upgrade to v7 from app store v6. Did not import current data. Someone mentioned reset. What is that?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @fredg! I'm sorry for the trouble. I'm not sure what post you read or what the specific instructions were. Can you tell us what the status of things is now? Did you have previous data in 1Password 6, and if so, was any of it imported into 1Password 7? Or are you not sure?

For reference, with 1Password 7 running, you can reset the database to empty by visiting Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data. But let's not do that quite yet unless you're sure you need to. What vault(s) do you see in 1Password 7 right now?

This discussion has been closed.