Open and Fill does not work with Safari after upgrading

dlackey1
dlackey1
Community Member

After I upgraded to version 7, open and fill no longer works with Safari. When either double clicking on an entry or clicking on open and fill in Mini, I receive no response from Safari. 1Password prompt to capture new site userids and passwords does not work either. Here's some information about my system:

macOS Sierra 10.12.6
1Password 7 Version 7.0.1 (70001002)
1Password Preferences - Browsers

• Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running
  • Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords
  • Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them
    — (except on the following domains) is blank
    Safari Version 11.1 (12605.1.33.1.4)
    Safari 1Password Extension Version 4.7.1

1Password Version: 7.0.1 (70001002)
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• aleviga
    aleviga
    Community Member

same problem here:
    Safari Versione 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.4)
    Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13.4 (17E202)
    1Password 7 Version 7.0.1 (70001002)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Does this AgileBits' post (on a different AgileBits' forum) help at all?

Stephen

• QuadLeper
    QuadLeper
    Community Member

I'm having problems using Firefox (60.0.1) - Mac OS 10.12.6.
    1Password mini is not behaving!
    Open & Fill opens the website in a new tab but does not fill.
    Command + \ does not fill, it opens the 1Password window again.

• dlackey1
    dlackey1
    Community Member

@Stephen_C Unfortunately not. I'm not getting that far. When either double clicking on an entry or clicking on open and fill in Mini, I receive no response from Safari. Although focus moves to Safari, a new tab is not created and the website is not brought up.

• Hey @dlackey1, @aleviga, and @QuadLeper! To get a better idea of what the issue is, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member

I have found that on my MAC, the browser must be up and open BEFORE you open/fill from either the mini or the Desktop app; and it makes no diff if it is Safari or Chrome. also insure you have checked either "new tab" or "new window".

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member

follow on from above : Please note that in my case I have 1PW open and running on desktop 2 and my browser open and running on desktop 4. Regardless i find that 1PW link will not work unless the browser is open and running first.

• BrBill
    BrBill
    Community Member

Suggest fully closing both 1Password (including Mini) and your browser, and restarting them. In the past, that solved the issue for me. As does a reboot, but that seems a bit draconian.

• dlackey1
    dlackey1
    Community Member

Thanks @Jacob. I emailed a Diagnostics Report to the Support team and received help from Adam. He was very helpful. As it turns out, I had installed 1Password in the Application folder under my user account. Seems that with version 7, it must be installed at the system level. Once I moved 1Password from ~/Applications/ to /Applications/ everything work fine. Thanks for the advice.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dlackey1 - on behalf of both Jacob and Adam over on the email side, glad we could help get things straightened out! :)

This discussion has been closed.