1PW7 windows + shift + L not locking 1Password

Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've tried to lock 1Password with the Windows Start key + Shift key + the letter L key, 1Password is not locking. Especially bad, if my cursor is active in the search bar, 1PW7 assumes I want to search for entries containing the letter L.

Ctrl + L to lock in version 4 seems to work just fine.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:lock shortcut

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

Thanks for reporting this. This is a known bug in 1Password 6.8/7.0 right now, we haven't fixed it but we plan to for the first release of 1Password 7.

It turns out we're not allowed to use Windows Key in our shorcuts, so we have to change it, likely to Control + L or Control + Alt + L.

ref: OPW-645

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

@MikeT Okay cool. I wasn't sure if that issue was limited to the alpha release (like earlier bug reports indicated) or also appeared in the beta. Appreciate the feedback.

• Thanks for your reports, they're really useful!

• BuMmR
    BuMmR
    Community Member

I really wish you guys could fix this. Would it be hard to get it working? I don't like my 1password locking when idle because I soon need it again but would love to be able to lock it when I know I'm leaving my desktop. Please fix soon as you can :(

• Hi @BuMmR,

You can always right-click on 1Password icon to select Lock to lock it or open the main 1Password app to click the lock icon on the titlebar.

Better yet, press Windows + Lock to lock your PC.

We have to remove the current code we use for shortcut processing and rebuild it completely to work on all Windows versions we use, it is not that hard but it takes a lot of time to make it work consistently. For an example, the current 1Password 6.8 has to manually render a window quickly during boot up in order to complete the shortcut processing. That is something we want to avoid completely, it is odd to see 1Password flash for a second during the boot up.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

"we haven't fixed it but we plan to for the first release of 1Password 7."

I see this still occuring after launch of the released version, the shortcut doesn't lock 1Pw. Maybe you can remove the shortcut hint until then?

• @sniem sorry for the confusion, it's fixed and will be available with next update.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Ok, cool, thanks for the info :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The release candidate was too good to wait to unleash it to the world, but we'll have a fix for you soon. :)

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Confirmed, it's working now in first 1pw 7.1 beta - even if 1pw is not opened or hasn't focus. Very nice :)

• That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.