Show only items of selected vault

Options
CinKon
CinKon
Community Member

When I select a specific vault under "All Vaults" I'd expect, that the item-list in the middle gets updated to show only the items that are actually in this selected vault. Currently nothing happens. Then what is this option even for? :unamused:

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Agilebits Cloud / Local

Comments

• ag_kevin
    Options

Hi @CinKon ,

If you use the "Switch To Vault" command in the Vaults menu, does it work, or does it also do nothing?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Jar2306
    Jar2306
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. The app sticks with whichever vault was set when you start it. Switching the vault on the sidebar, or with the "Switch to Vault" command on the menu does nothing. I have to switch the vault, and restart the application for it to take effect.

This only seems to happen on the Desktop app (Mac OS). The Chrome extension seems to be working fine.

• CinKon
    CinKon
    Community Member
    Options

Today it works... Can't tell what's the difference, 1Password Version is the same :-/

• Jacob
    Options

@Jar2306 I just encountered this as well. We're having a tough time figuring out how it happens though, so if you or @CinKon notice some consistent steps to reproduce it, let us know!

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Jacob - for me, it's just the way it works... If I switch vaults, I have to quit/restart the app to get it to show the newly selected vault. It never NOT happens for me to get you steps to make it happen...

UPDATE: I just read how "Quitting" isn't really quitting anymore... once I actually quit, it was back to normal switching behavior.

BTW, I think the not-really-quitting-when-quitting behavior is just bad practice.

• Jacob
    Options

@steve28 Oh that's totally different from what I'm seeing then. To get a better idea of what the issue is, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

I am seeing this behaviour, I cannot switch vaults, it seems stuck on my private vault.

Was OK yesterday, 7.0.2, not good today on 7.0.3.

There does seem to a number of issues with 1P7, so pleased I'm only one the trail at the moment.

• Webmono
    Webmono
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot switch vault views either, from the menu nor the sidebar. The item view stays on the vault that was selected when 1Password started. Choosing a different vault, quitting and restarting shows the correct view, but I have to repeat the choose/quit/restart to see a different vault. Using 1Pass 7.0.3 on MacOS.

I sent a diagnostic report as per above. :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

From the 7.0.4 release notes:

Corrected an issue where switching vaults in the vault list could fail to actually switch vaults.

That version is available immediately if you're using the version downloaded from AgileBits. Note that if you downloaded from the App Store you'll have to wait a few days for that version to go through Apple's approval process.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iwaddo and @Webmono - @Stephen_C is correct: the 7.0.4 release should have addressed all these issues causing the non-refreshing of views. Can you please update and let us know if it solved the problem for you? Thanks.

• Webmono
    Webmono
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Lars 7.0.4 did indeed solve my vault switching issues. Thank you!

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Yes, 7.0.4 seems to have solved the vault screen switching issues, great stuff, thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Glad to hear things are looking up for you both. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.