where are the folders? [We use tags now in 1Password 7]

2»

Comments

• dmote75
    dmote75
    Community Member

I converted my standalone account to a 1Password membership. I doing so I lost my tags (folders) that I had. I went back to check my old vault and they were still there.
    I there any way to get them back in my membership vault? Or will I have to do this manually?

• Hi @dmote75,

Thanks for writing in. When did you first migrate your 1Password data to your new 1Password account? This shouldn’t be an issue in the latest 1Password 7 builds.

What you can do is:

1. Create a new vault in your 1Password account on your my.1Password.com website, it’ll show up in 1Password 7 on your PC right away
    2. Use 1Password 7 to import your existing standalone vault via 1Password menu > Import into this new (second) vault.
    3. See if the tags are there. If yes, what you can do is copy over any recent new items that you’ve created since your first migration from the first vault (1Password account) to your new vault.
    4. Delete all old items in the first vault. Once you do that, move everything over from second vault to the first vault and delete the second vault.
  • dmote75
    dmote75
    Community Member

Hi Mike,
    I signed up for the subscription on 5/26/18. I did the 'transfer' that day.
    And sorry for my bad memory but I believe I imported my vault on 1Password.com once I initially signed up. I think I choose to use and pick my Dropbox folder on my pc and that's where initially I loaded in my passwords from my stand-alone usage.
    As of now I do have ver 7 for Mac loaded and switched out and also ver 6.xxx for Windows loaded and switched out.

• dmote75
    dmote75
    Community Member

In the meantime I try later this evening to do the steps you suggested. Can't believe I didn't think of that already lol

• MikeT
    edited June 2018

Hi @dmote75,

I would recommend doing it on PC since you're in our Windows beta forum here and we can address any issues you may or may not find but it should be solid for you if you follow the steps here.

• dmote75
    dmote75
    Community Member

I was able to create a new vault and my old tags did import correctly. Based on the 4 steps you provided earlier, it looks like best approach would be to sort by Date Modified in order to capture any items that I have since updated and it will also capture newly created ones as well.

• Yep! That would be the best approach.

• dmote75
    dmote75
    Community Member

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Another feature request: When I click on a tag in an entry, I'd like to see all entries with the same tag. Or filter view to show all entries with specific tags (two or more).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sniem: Oh, that's an interesting idea. Something to consider for a future version. For now, you can select a tag in the sidebar to show all of the items that share it. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• sjordi
    sjordi
    Community Member

Collapse/Expand the Tags as trees should definitely be implemented. I have several sub levels of tags, this is not usable to navigate.
    Why does every developper try to become a webmaster and turn real working applicatios into something looking like websites now???
    Crazy.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sjordi - thanks for weighing in. Nested tags is an area we plan to iterate on, once we get more feedback from users on how they use it, so we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

• @sjordi that's a good idea, thank you! While Collapse All does not exist today, you can Expand All by selecting some node (for example TAGS) and pressing * key.

• proactivematter
    proactivematter
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

This is ridiculous.

Having a flat structure is impossible for many people. Also, having to remember the specific tags we use when creating new items and editing each one individually is just not viable for someone who has a large and complex catalog.

This is just one of the many mistakes AgileBits has made in 1Password 7. That's what you get for thinking you can reduce user preferences just by analyzing telemetry. Either that or someone new is calling the shots, I guess. A big let down. I'll have to stick with version 6 for now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @proactivematter! Thanks for the feedback.

This discussion has been closed.