is there a way to keep the v7 mini visible when clicking on a different window?

Options
JamesHenderson
JamesHenderson
Community Member

Hi,

Is there a way to keep the mini visible when clicking on a different window?

thanks,
J.

1Password Version: 7.01
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: personal

Comments

• BrBill
    BrBill
    Community Member
    Options

Watching this topic for the answer ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson: While you can't keep 1Password mini "on top" or something similarly sticky, there are two features that were designed for use cases like this:

• 1Password mini will remember its state for a time, so opening it again will allow you to pick up where you left off.
    • You can use the "boxes" open-in-window icon when viewing an item (or ⌘ O) to pop out an anchored, always-on-top window to work with.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty, you said,

You can use the "boxes" open-in-window icon when viewing an item

I can't figure out what icon this is or where it is to be found. I do find that ⌘o does indeed open the selected record in its own window, but I don't have a great memory for keyboard shortcuts unless I use them all the time. This is why I'd like to locate the icon.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@hawkmoth Upper right corner of any item window:

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@vplewis - Hey, thanks! I've never noticed that or knew what it was for until now. (Wonder what many other things I could use that I don't know about...)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vplewis: Thank you! :chuffed:

@hawkmoth: Ah. Sorry, it's not you. That's new in 1Password 7. We used to have a literal "anchor" icon, but that caused some confusion as well and also wasn't particularly pretty. :sweat:

This discussion has been closed.